Cybersecurity is a top priority globally, with new regulations in every industry. These regulations, coupled with the demand for ISO 27001 certification, prompted Taipuva to develop a dynamic and integrated solution. Our management system is designed to streamline security measures and compliance checks, eliminating the need for manual tasks and enhancing efficiency and security.
Understanding the EU directive NIS2
In late 2022, the EU approved the NIS2 directive. EU member states must implement it by October 2024, introducing significant changes in information security regulations. The impact on Swedish law will be revealed on February 23, 2024.
– The new EU directive NIS2, which is currently being implemented in member states, requires all critical infrastructure sectors to have an information security management system in place, says Tord Ringenhall, CEO of Taipuva Sweden.
NIS2 not only requires organizations to take measures to ensure the security of their network and information systems but also to report incidents to the appropriate authorities. Moreover, it promotes cooperation and information sharing among EU member states to strengthen the collective response to cybersecurity incidents.
NIS2 refers to the revised EU Directive on Security of Network and Information Systems (NIS2). A directive aimed at enhancing the overall cybersecurity posture in the European Union. It sets out cybersecurity obligations for operators of essential services (OES) and digital service providers (DSPs). NIS2 builds on the previous NIS Directive (NIS1) and extends its scope to cover a broader range of entities.
The changes from the first NIS directive include:
- Increased and more specific incident reporting obligations
- Extended minimum information security requirements
- Increased enforcement and sanction authority
- More effective information sharing between governments
- Expansion of affected entities
– One thing we noticed when we went through this is that if you are working according to ISO27001, you will fulfill a majority of the regulations, concludes Carl-Philip Forss.
Our solution – integrating ISO 27001 compliance
Taipuva’s commitment to offering a dynamic and integrated solution is exemplified in our approach to ISO 27001 compliance. Our system streamlines security measures and compliance checks, reducing the manual workload while enhancing overall efficiency and security.
– We’ve seamlessly woven ISO 27001 requirements into our management system, simplifying the path to regulatory adherence. The system is more than a paper-based product – it is an integral part of your operations, ensuring your organization is well-prepared, says Tord.
At the heart of our solution lies a blueprint, a set of governing documents that provide clear rules, definitions, guidelines, and instructions to be followed and implemented. The implementation ensures that the blueprint is not just a set of guidelines – it becomes an actionable framework that is followed, monitored, and continually improved. The system is also designed to be adaptable and scalable, making it a valuable asset for organizations of all sizes and industries. Tord continues:
– We’ve built a solution to assist you on this journey, a solution that is dynamic and integrated into your operations. And, I would like to add that we’ve also done it for ourselves. We needed the ISO27001 certification, and in the process we built a reusable solution that others can benefit from.
Onward and upward
As the cybersecurity landscape continues to evolve, we are your partner in navigating these changes. Our innovative management system empowers your organization to meet and exceed the rigorous requirements of NIS2, offering security, efficiency, and adaptability in an ever-changing digital world.
If you missed the webinar, leave your email address to get access to the recording!